Uwow

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ULauncher installing a VM on my Windows 10 computer

leahsem

Проверенный пользователь
Пользователь
I think ULauncher is installing some unwanted program on my computer.

First of all, I have been having trouble with my Windows 10 computer after running Wow, using ULauncher.

I have freeze ups when trying to combine programs.

I noticed that ULauncher creates a service called vmmem.exe, using 511,672k of memory. That service can only be removed by restarting my computer. It does not disappear after ULauncher is closed down.

That is a virtual machine service. Why are you creating a virtual machine on my computer and what does it do?

You can respond to me at themagi@7thunders.com.

Thanks,

Robert

Вложения

• process.png
    process.png
    81 KB · Просмотры: 9

Arithawn

Проверенный пользователь
Пользователь
Vmmem have nothing in common with ulauncher, if you are using hyper-v, docker or etc thats not a big deal. Google how to stop it

leahsem

Проверенный пользователь
Пользователь
I know that Docker will cause it. I have never used any VM. And this program begins at the same time that Ulauncher starts. ULauncher is definitely causing this to run.

VerucaSalt2

Проверенный пользователь
Пользователь
did you accidentally use "isolation core"? cause i see you use win 11 which uses all sorts of security features by default

leahsem

Проверенный пользователь
Пользователь
I attached an image from process explorer. And this is Windows 10. If I restart my computer, the vmmem.exe is not there. As soon as I start ULauncher.exe, it appears and cannot be removed unless I restart my computer. Check your processes to see, I bet you have it too, whether it is Windows 10 or 11. Also, if you look at the properties, it is given full access to your computer. On my computer it is using up more ram than Chrome with 10 tabs open.

leahsem

Проверенный пользователь
Пользователь
Using process explorer? hmm... It does not show up in Task Manager, just Process Explorer.

I also noticed that when I denied vmmem access to my computer, I stopped having the problems I was having.

Сверху